A FULL-TIME (40 HOURS/WEEK)
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 3, 2016
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
The Elmhurst-based Citizen Advocacy Center is a more than 20-year old, dynamic, award-winning, nonprofit organization dedicated to building democracy in the 21st century by strengthening the public’s capacities, resources, and institutions for self-governance.
CAC seeks a dynamic person who supports our mission and will fulfill duties of an administrative and program assistant to a small staff. The ideal candidate is a team player who is highly motivated and detail-oriented with excellent computer, web, and organizational skills.
Primary responsibilities include office management, staff assistance, fundraising assistance, and website maintenance.
Office Manager Duties
- Maintain a professional and welcoming environment for those who visit CAC, including the public, public officials, volunteers, student interns, donors, and foundation representatives.
- Answer phones and email communications, make appropriate referrals, and respond to routine requests for information.
- Update and maintain all paper and computer files. (Files include, but are not limited to, activity logs, corporate records, billings, donations, board documents, work product, publicity, intern activity, workshop and forum attendees, and calendar.)
- Arrange for maintenance repairs and technical service when needed
- Routine record keeping in conjunction with organization’s accountants
- Maintain all office supplies
- Open and close CAC on a daily basis during regular business hours
- Assist CAC staff to help expedite the delivery of community lawyering services and execution of policy projects including compiling information, making copies, and organizing community events.
- Assist CAC staff to optimally work with volunteers including recruiting student interns and adult volunteers, coordinating volunteer activity as needed, maintaining calendars, and integrating work product into CAC’s filing system.
- Assist in layout of newsletter and coordinate with printer
- Assist the Executive Director in fundraising, which includes but is not limited to planning and coordinating special events; compiling quarterly board packets; compiling grant documents; and coordinating individual donor outreach
- Create basic correspondence to donors that includes communications through bulk mail, email, and social media
- Maintain website often to keep content current
Compensation: $26,000 annually, with growth potential in accordance with growth of the organization and job performance.
CAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, please contact CAC at (630) 833-4080 and ask to speak with Executive Director, Ms. Maryam Judar or email CAC@CitizenAdvocacyCenter.org.