Witness slips must be submitted before 8 a.m. on Wed. March 25, 2015
Go to www.ilga.gov
1. Click GA Dashboard (red link on left side under Reports & Inquiry)
2. Click House (left column)
3. Click Committee Hearings (drop down menu after clicking "House")
4. Click Week (on the top bar)
5. Click Committee Name (Hint: Click word "Committee" at top of column to put Committee names in alphabetical order)
HB 4024 Committee name: Elementary & Secondary Education: Licensing Oversight
HB 4025 Committee Name: Elementary & Secondary Committee: School Curriculum and Policies Committee
6. Click on the icon that looks like a sheet of paper at far right of page to view hearing details
7. Scroll to find the bill number and click on the icon at far right of page (pencil and paper) to create witness slip for that bill. There may be multiple pages.
8. Fill in all fields in Section I (unless marked optional). May put "none" for firm/business or agency and title. Or can put "Citizen" or "Concerned Citizen" for title. Section II may not apply.
9. Section III: Position Click Proponent or Opponent -- CAC supports these two bills
10. Section IV: Testimony: Check Record of Appearance Only -- unless you will fax a written statement to 1-217-557-2165
11. Type the text, check box: I agree to the ILGA terms of agreement, click Create Slip
12. To create another witness slip: Click Create Another Witness Slip and begin again at Step 2
Call us if you need help navigating the system!
House Bill 4025
aims to promote greater civic learning through a required civics course for all Illinois high school students.
House Bill 4024 supports teacher training, the greatest area of need for implementation of a new course. This new measure ensures that professional development activities align with best practices in civics education.
FAQ for Filing Witness Slips
Task Force Final Report and Public Comments
Note: Registration is not required to submit a witness slip. However, to keep an online log of the witness slips you've submitted, you must register from the home page by clicking on "My Legislation." The "My Legislation" tab is along the top or on the left side under Reports and Inquiry -- just above GA Dashboard. Registration will also automatically populate many of the fields on each witness slip you submit.