The Citizen Advocacy Center is dedicated to building democracy for the 21st century by strengthening the citizenry's capacities, resources, and institutions for self-governance. We are committed to:
- Make government more accountable to the people by increasing democratic protocols and by developing and empowering the voice of citizens;
- Further the citizen's understanding of civic tools and public skill in using these tools for societal problem solving;
- Promote individual and community efforts to resolve contemporary societal problems involving the rights and responsibilities of citizens, workers, shareholders, taxpayers, and consumers and the health, safety, and welfare of the communities we serve;
- Stimulate citizen awareness of and action on issues of public significance;
- Improve access to government-held information, access to the airwaves, access to the ballot, access to the courts;
- Advance justice: (a) increasing the awareness of and commitment to community lawyering/advocacy; (b) encouraging lawyers, professionals and volunteers to build democracy at the local level; and (c) replicating the work of CAC.
© 2012-2015 Citizen Advocacy Center, 182 N. York St., Elmhurst, IL 60126 Phone: (630) 833-4080 Fax: (630)833-4083